Camping near Cibola Wildlife Refuge

 

Where I am today: Palo Verde County Park, south of Blythe California

The view from my campsite is very peaceful

If, of course, I don’t count the birds flying in, the fish jumping, the doves cooing and the owls hooting! The birds are active, I sit in my chair in the sun and enjoy.

 

0219151011 (640x480)

 

Some days are warm enough that I to want to paddle

 

I’m learning to put my new inflatable kayak together and get it in the water.  Getting out with knees that don’t want to bend very much is not so easy!  We’re camped in an old oxbow of the river so there isn’t much current – just lots of birds.

 

DSC00603 (640x480)

 

We passed this hunters blind – since this spot is outside the refuge, hunting is allowed.  The white heron wasn’t impressed and was sitting quite near the blind.

 

DSC00605 (640x480)

DSC00607 (640x480)

 

Sunset is beautiful here – this is looking east at the river.

No matter where you look, the sky at sunset can be spectacular.  I loved how soft the pinks and blues were tonight over the water.

 

0223151836 (640x480)

No comments:

Post a Comment

We Love Comments!!