Santa Fe

30 Oct, 2017; Santa Fe, NM


Santa Fe is . . . . historic


Founded in 1610 as a Spanish colony, Santa Fe is the oldest capital city (over 400 years old!).  The downtown is a twist of small streets with glimpses of very old architecture.  


Don't think this is particularly old - but I do like the pueblo style that's everywhere!

Also, a fabulous center for the arts  . . . 


Santa Fe boasts over 250 art galleries and is the 3rd largest art market in the US.  And don't even get me started on the restaurants!!


Sazon Restaurant - yummm!  (4-star restaurant)

Sazon exterior


And, it's hard to beat the climate


At 7,000 feet elevation, the summers are not extremely hot, winters are chilly but average 3-4" of snow per month in the winter.  Most importantly, Santa Fe can boast over 320 days of sunshine each year!!!


Colour me impressed!


I like the art, the sun, the history, the architecture, the mountain and desert views; I can tolerate the cactus.  I'm even impressed by the selection of license plates!  


Pueblo architecture with natural landscaping (I love the aspen)

and the sunsets are great!




No comments:

Post a Comment

We Love Comments!!