Well, the road didn't look all that curvy on the map!

10 Nov, 2017; Silver City, NM


I was in the mood for a scenic drive . . . 


Leaving Truth or Consequences, I decided to take state hwy 152 through the mountains and Silver City.  The drive was pretty (except for a huge many miles long burn area) but for over 50 miles, it was very slow.  How slow?  15-25mph slow - and that is really slow hour after hour.  By the time I got to Silver City, which was supposed to be my lunch stop, I was done for the day!


Rose Valley RV Ranch


I'm rarely impressed by RV Parks - but Rose Valley RV Ranch was definitely different.  The sites were well separated with shrubbery and western style fencing.  Plus!!  They offered recycling! (rare)





The park was landscaped with native plants and western 'stuff' (water towers, windmills, etc).


Rusty stuff



dead stuff











There was a laundry with adjoining really clean, accessible showers.





This group meeting area was cool.







Did I mention the 'western' theme?





I really enjoyed my stay there and would consider staying longer next time!

2 comments:

  1. If you decide to visit the Gila Cliff Dwellers National Monument (and I suggest you do if you have the time) be prepared for another 44 mile 2 hour drive. NM 15 is a beautiful road and NM 15 Alt even prettier, but lots of twists & turns. While there is a free Forest Service campground near the monument, you might consider leaving the trailer and taking just your tow vehicle - a sign says nothing over 20'. Some photos at the monument: http://www.lakeshoreimages.com/cliffdwellers.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx! I think I'll pass on the Gila Cliff Dwellings this year. I was at Mesa Verde for a week - so I got my archeology fix for awhile.

      Delete

We Love Comments!!