Stellar Day!!

27 Jan, 2018; Quartzite AZ

Singing my happy song!


For 2 years, I have been dealing with ‘grabby’ trailer brakes.  When I originally had the brake controller installed, they installed a different one than I wanted (long story, incredibly rude if not borderline fraudulent behavior by shop) – but I only had a week before picking up my Escape – so I let it go.  But, the brakes have never been right.

So, I took the rig into Redlands Truck and RV set up in Quartzite temporarily during the big RV show.  They are highly recommended so I thought that now would be the time to resolve this annoyance.  They take one look at the controller and tell me ‘this could never work; this brand was OK 20 years ago, but needs to be mounted horizontally in order to work – it’s been mounted at an angle (well, SUV’s are difficult this way) and can’t be adjusted to horizontal'.  They install the brake controller that I wanted originally (Prodigy 2) and – amazingly, wonderfully, I have smooth braking!!!!  All before 9:30 am!!

Since I’m in town, I go dump and refill my fresh water tank and head back to my campsite.  I’m all settled back at ‘home’ by 10:30am. 

I’m dancing my happy dance!


Then, it’s back into town to do some chores.  YAY!!  I find a parking spot right away and find an Awning Deflapper and my favorite back tank cleaner immediately.  Then, I’m off to my next chore.  Anyone (well, any woman anyway) knows the stress of getting a haircut from a strange person on the road – will it be a good haircut – or will I be wearing a hat for the next month?  Sherrie, at Cactus Curlers, does an amazing job (truly, it’s like she’s a mind reader) and I leave with a GREAT haircut. 

I’m humming my happy song by now.

After finding a desert golf course on my desert ramble a few days ago – I’ve been wanting to pick up a couple old clubs so that I can hit some balls.  I head over to the main street flea market.  Found some relatively nice clubs, but the guy wanted $35 for 3 clubs (hybrid, wedge, putter).  I thought that was way too much – but, he wasn’t open to dickering. So, I went a few vendors over and found 3, not quite so nice clubs (but how good do they have to be when I’ll be hitting off rocks?) and the guy only wanted $3 per club.  He threw in 10 range balls for $1.  $10 and I’m ready to play some desert golf!!!




Bloggerfest!!


On my way home, I realize that I might just be able to catch the tail-end of Bloggerfest – a fun gathering of traveling folks who blog about their travels.  I did get to chat with a few bloggers I know, and met a few new bloggers to check out. 

Needless to say . . . .


I was feeling pretty high on life by the time I got back to camp – problems solved, easy parking (in January in Quartzite no less!), items found, good haircut, good socializing – I love my life!!

6 comments:

  1. I love to hear of positive feelings to reflect my own and yours was one of the best of the day! It was great meeting you. I like your idea of cheap old golf clubs, I love second hand stores and that flea market is calling to me for my next year visit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The small things that can make one happy!!
      I'm always surprised by how many things I find at those flea markets (I try to limit myself to things on my list - but sometimes I get carried away!)

      Delete
  2. I am certainly happy you realized you had time to catch the tail-end of Bloggerfest. It was nice meeting you and having the opportunity to chat for a few minutes.
    Your right about the hair thing. It is always nice to hear about someone who does a good job.
    With every thing you were able to accomplish it sounds like you did have a "Stellar Day".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I really enjoyed seeing the people I knew and meeting some new people. These traditions make Quartzite seem like home!

      Delete
  3. Hey! I've been doing that happy dance since we arrived in the desert. Sorry to have missed Bloggerfest...Didn't get the word....maybe not staying up with the blogs. Hope to see you at Dome Rock next week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just barely heard about it in time - the flyer gets posted in RVillage - but I hardly ever remember to check there.

      Delete

We Love Comments!!