Book signing with J.A. Jance - one of my fav authors

16 Mar, 2018; Casa Grande, AZ


Imagine my surprise!


One of the first things I do when getting to a new location is to check into the current events.  I lucked out big time this week when I heard that JA Jance, one of my favorite mystery writers was speaking and signing books at a high school library.  She has over 55 published novels and I love them all.  My friend, Mary, and I went to hear her speak.  J.A. spoke of her family and life experiences as they relate to characters, plot lines and landscapes found in her novels.  I always enjoy hearing about an author's process and agree with JA - never make an author angry - she'll get her revenge in print! 


JA Jance - in person!!


I'm glad we came early - parking was difficult - lots of one way streets, blocked off entrances, tons of filled lots and fences.  Life in an American school, I guess - we finally found parking in a back lot.  Interestingly, the parking spaces were covered for shade - by solar panels!  So, double win - shade and power production.


Easy kitchen organization tip


I have a lid for my 10" fry pan that has been a pain in the neck!  I've been putting into the cupboard vertically next to the wall so that I can stack other pots on top of the fry pan.  But, then no matter how much padding I use, the vibration of traveling causes the lid to scrape the inside of the pan - destroying the teflon finish.  Not good.

But, the other day, I saw a great tip for using Command Hooks (who doesn't love those things - I have them all over my trailer) and I love the result.


Safely stowed away from the pots and pans!


In every life, trips to the Dentist are unavoidable!


A couple of days ago, while flossing, I lost a chunk of tooth (a big chunk).  Oh dear.  The only thing worse than going to the dentist is having to find and go to a strange dentist.  

I thought about going back to Tucson and seeing if my cousin's dentist husband could take a look at it. Then I remembered that Mary, one of the friends that I'm visiting in Casa Grande, also just recently had a dental emergency.  I asked her and found that both she and her husband, Forrest, had visited a local dentist that they liked quite well.

So, I have an appointment today to get a full damage report.  I suspect it will require a crown.  This will affect my travel plans.  I may be here for a few weeks - or if I leave, I might have to come back when the crown is ready.

I'm glad it happened in a place where there's help and lots to do and friends to hang out with!



1 comment:

  1. Wow! lucky you! We also love J.A. Jance books but have only read a handful so far. I snag them up at the book exchanges in rv parks when I can.
    The Command hooks are great, I need to pick up more as I have a few ideas for them as well to improve travel storage.
    Good luck with the dental work. More people we've talked to this winter, south and back home have had broken/chipped a tooth including my hubby and myself. LOL

    ReplyDelete

We Love Comments!!