Humans are melting; but the desert is blooming!

27 Apr, 2018; SKP North Ranch RV, Congress AZ


I'm so glad I'm still in Arizona as the cactus bloom!


The wildflowers, cactus, shrubs, and trees are all in bloom!  While my allergies aren't happy, it's a glorious sight.


Bird of Paradise


Ocotillo

I love how transparent these prickly pear blossoms are.



If you look carefully, you'll see a hummingbird on the top Ocotillo blossom!


















How hot is it?


15F over normal hot.  High 90's (37C plus) - today 102!  That means all the door handles to businesses are covered with foam, neoprene, knitted covers, etc.  I saw a woman carrying a puppy in a parking lot yesterday.  At first I was a bit judgy about dogs getting carried - but then I thought about heat on the pavement. I checked with the temp gauge I use to check wheel hubs and WOW - that dog mom was right.  It was over 145F!! (63C)




Some of the year-round residents at Rovers Roost Co-op told me that they don't use their hot water heaters in the summer.  I found out why this week.  The water coming into the trailer was pre-heated in the hose.  It was tepid early in the morning and late at night - but during the day it was almost hot enough to make tea!!

Much as I love seeing all the cactus in bloom, I'm very, very appreciative of the air-conditioning in my trailer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We Love Comments!!