Yup, I'm in Nevada

2 May, 2018; Sportsman's Beach CG, just North of Hawthorne, NV


Heading for Home!


I never know exactly when it will happen, but at some point as I'm thinking of returning to Oregon, or have started for home, my chilled out 'vacation mode' goes away and I become impatient to be home (even though I no longer have a home there).  My usual day is 3-4 hours of driving; today was 8 hrs - I stopped for gas FOUR times.    It doesn't help that I almost always have to pass through Nevada.


The Mojave desert and the great basin are not my favorite deserts - lots of sage and tumbleweed, maybe an occasional Joshua tree.  But, sights like these lighten my mood!







This is one of my favorite stops along this part of highway.  I score a sweet spot for the night at Sportsman's Beach CG in Walker Lake Recreation Area (hwy 95 about 10 miles N. Of Hawthorne, NV).  With my geezer pass, it's only $3.  On the upper loop, I even get OTA Television!







2 comments:

We Love Comments!!