How time flies!

10 Nov, 2018; Apache Junction, AZ


6 Months since my last post!


I wish I could say that the last 6 months passed like a flash because of all the fun I was having -but, although I had fun and spent time with friends, the major event was sad.  


2 Weddings and a Funeral.


The summer began and ended with weddings.  One of my nieces and then a couple I've known for half my life renewed their vows to end the summer.


The organic stand was hand-made; the topper in the background was great-grandma's


Beautiful traditional cake to celebrate in Santa Fe


A primary reason for traveling back to Portland this summer was to support my older brother and his family as he recovered from cancer surgery and began chemo/radiation. Unfortunately, this changed rather quickly as we realized that medical science was unable to  help and we embraced hospice and supporting my brother in his death.  I feel very grateful for the couple of months that I got to spend with my brother.  Unlike our usual family gatherings that were full of activity and the chaos of children, grandchildren and pets - we had a lot of quiet one-on-one time. 

My brother's death was just what he would have wanted; surrounded by family and friends (over a dozen people in the room with him), grandchildren loudly chasing each other around the house with steak knives and dogs playing and barking in the back yard.

Anyway, my sadness made it difficult for me to post.  My big brother was a great guy and I miss him terribly.





No comments:

Post a Comment

We Love Comments!!