A trip to the Food City Grocery is like a mini-vacation to Mexico!

17 Dec, 2018; RoVer's Roost SKP RV Coop, Casa Grande, AZ


How many grocery stores have their own tortilla maker?!


Food City grocery stores in Arizona seem to cater to the hispanic/Indian population.  I always find amazing food there.  The one in Casa Grande has it's own tortilla machine!  As I was looking at the huge (like almost an entire aisle) selection of tortillas, another shopper walked by, pointed at the store made tortillas and said "get these; I told my husband I wasn't making tortillas anymore; these are as good as mine."  Sure enough, she had several big packages in her basket.

I bought some - they are good!








Lot's of different brands of tortillas, and tortilla baskets

Even the bakery has different pastries than I'm used to (along with all the usual donuts).





The sunset tonight came with about 30 minutes of choreographed flying.


I've mentioned the thousands of birds that live in the big Oleander hedge along the southern boundary of the park.  They sing, they russle the Oleander leaves when disturbed in the night, and tonight, I got some shots of the choreographed flights they do every evening.







1 comment:

We Love Comments!!