MC for the daily Meet-and-Greet

14 Dec, 2018; RoVers Roost RV Coop Park, Casa Grande, AZ


This is a very friendly park


Every day there is a meet-and-greet in the community hall to greet newcomers to the park, hear announcements, and share a few jokes.  The MC's are volunteers, or, in my case, newcomers who are arm-twisted and guilted into "volunteering".  It really was pretty easy - there is a script, the sound system is excellent and since everyone knows the routine, you really can't go wrong.

So, everything was fine until I had to find some one to MC for tomorrow.  Then I remember that statistically, people are more afraid of talking in front of groups than many other, really scary things.  I forget this and it was not easy finding a volunteer.  Finally, one of the old-timers (meaning, in this case, folks that have been at the park a long time and volunteer a lot) rescued me by volunteering to MC the next day.


A sure sign of Christmas

One of my childhood treats around the holidays was a segment of a 'chocolate orange'.  My Mom would ration out segments a tiny wedge at a time - I looked forward to them so much!  Now, they come in many flavors - but I still like the orange ones.




Nestle Mackintosh Toffee Bars 45 gram Bars
The part where you 'whack' the ball on the table to loosen up all the wedges reminds me of another childhood favorite - MacIntosh Toffee Bars - their tag line was to 'whack a Mac'.  Since we were in Canada, they were usually cold enough that a solid whack would fracture the bar into bite-sized pieces - way easier on one's teeth than trying to bite through the thick bar.  This picture shows new packaging.  It used to come in a box instead of a wrapper.  Nestle bought out the brand and there were a few years when they weren't made.  But, public demand eventually brought the tasty, but teeth endangering candy back to the market.



No comments:

Post a Comment

We Love Comments!!