Horse Shows in the Sun - Arizona Winter Circuit

20 Feb, 2019; Pima County Fairgrounds, Tucson AZ


HITS Hunter, Jumper and Equitation Shows


What luck! I've stumbled into the 6 week winter circuit for hunter, jumpers - I've heard about this circuit for years.  The SW venue allows year-round training and showing for high-level competitors around North America.  Since I'm staying at the RV park at the Fairground, this show is just outside my door.


Things are slow this early in the week - this gal has some down time between events


In the practice arena, still looks like a pretty big fence to me

Phoebe meets horses!


I don't know that Phoebe has ever seen a horse before.  She wasn't too freaked out - much more interested in the dogs and people.  We spent a couple hours watching the jumping - and then Phoebe discovered horse poop, and now we have another bad habit!!


oops - no head on the rider - but look at the snow on the hills in the background!




It's hard to time my shots correctly

Anyway, I'm looking forward to getting to watch a lot of very high level competition!  I am surprised at how casual the circuit seems.  Maybe it's just because it's early in the week, but riders were allowed to compete in sweaters and puffy jackets - I'm used to shows requiring the full formal outfits - even at schooling and low level events!

1 comment:

  1. You still managed to get a lot of good pictures considering how cold it was that week. Putting your camera to the Sports Setting will allow you to take continual pictures so you can take the best and discard the rest.
    Be Safe and Enjoy the warmer weather.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete

We Love Comments!!