Signs of spring . . . .or at least, recent rain!

1 Feb, 2019; Dome Rock BLM, Quartzite AZ


Today was about relaxing in the sun


I took Phoebe on the usual (but shorter) walks around the area.  We're avoiding one whole end of the camping area due to an off-leash, known-to-be-aggressive Doberman (whose owner doesn't regard the rangers, or even the police, to be anyone he should pay attention to).  Phoebe is just as happy to lie on her blanket in the sun.


The desert is very green this year.


I put up a hummingbird feeder, added tire covers to the trailer, put out my awning and read.  I watched several rigs pull in, wander around, and finally settle on their spot for the rally next week.  Marty took off to take photographs; she texted to tell me that she ended up at KOFA and would spend the night there.

I was focused on the little things today.  Tiny flowers, the quiet (broken by the occasional hummingbird zooming through) and the patterns the crossing clouds made on the desert floor. A very peaceful day.




I love the 'zebra' stripes on the Creosote branches
 



Ocotillo leaves
Ocotilla blooms

Ocotillo branch

1 comment:

  1. Nice Pictures! Enjoy your upcoming Rally.
    Cooler temps ahead, stay warm.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete

We Love Comments!!