The 'Polar Vortex' arrives in SW Arizona!

6 Feb, 2019; Dome Rock BLM, Quartzite AZ


It's been very windy for a couple of days


The wind has been blowing over chairs and grabbing bags out of my hands; last night about midnight I heard a sharp crack and then thumping on my roof.  Well, it wasn't Santa's sleigh - the wind had broken the pole with my windsock.  Fortunately, it broke right at the base where it was attached to the bike rack.  




This is good because the pole is a telescoping pole and long enough that I can afford to lose the base section.  The other sections aren't as pretty - but, oh well.  At least, I can still put up my windsock!  

Sometimes, it's how I find my trailer in this sea of little white trailers at the rally.  Registration just started yesterday - I'm beginning to feel a bit like a sardine and we're not even full yet!!




The cold weather that has been sweeping the rest of the country has finally arrived here!


While a lot of the country has been plunged into record-breaking cold weather with temps well below zero (like -30F and -40F and the wind chill dropping it even further!), Southern Arizona's version is more like upper 50'sF expected for the next few days - with the wind chill taking it down 5-10 more degrees.  




But, sunny!  So, when I sit away from the wind against my trailer, Phoebe and I can still enjoy the sun with only a light fleece layer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We Love Comments!!