Spring is here . . . those 'wascally wabbits!!'

25 Mar, 2020; Vail, AZ


I feel like Elmer Fudd . . . 


Every night when I take Phoebe out for the last time, I end up chasing bunnies out of the back yard.  It's not a huge problem now, but I have plans to put in raised beds for herbs and propagating plants, and I don't want the bunnies to get used to finding free meals.  I couldn't figure out how they were getting over my pretty high concrete block fence - but last night I watched them squeeze out through a tiny little hole in the big gate.  Seriously, this hole is probably only 2-3 inches wide.  I plugged it up with a rock about the size of a medium baked potato.  If I hadn't seen it, I wouldn't have believed they would have fit!






We'll see if the rock keeps them out.


Meanwhile, nothing is keeping the Crane Flies out!


Several weeks ago, the Crane Flies descended on my house.  They are everywhere!  Hundreds outside and probably a dozen or more find there way into the house every day.  Harmless, kind of annoying and, unfortunately, just the beginning of what I know will be coming.  Last year I was besieged by insects all summer - so many that I was having to vacuum them up every morning inside and having to use a leaf blower to clean them off the porches.




Hopefully, the virus restrictions will have lifted enough that I can travel North during the worst part of the summer this year.




2 comments:

  1. I have the exact same problem. Those and the moths are a constant annoyance. I find them everywhere on the floor. Now the bunnies I would love to have. I've only seen two around here in the last two months.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you've come up with the perfect solution for your gardens. Judy Bell (aka Bird Lady of Blog Land) did exactly the same thing and it worked. Make them at least Two Feet off the ground. As for the bugs they are all different but I would be searching where they are coming in.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete

We Love Comments!!