July - Summer in Portland OR

Staying in a full-service RV Resort


Well, I don't have the views or the privacy one has when in the desert or the mountains, but it's convenient and kind of nice to have all the services and utilities.  I spent the month visiting family and friends, normal household chores and engaging in recreation one finds in Portland in the summer.

 
My site - in the shade most of the day makes it quite pleasant!

Summer Street Fairs!


While house-sitting for a friend, I was out walking and happened upon one of the many street fairs that dot neighborhoods in the summer.   Lots of good food, good merch and, surprisingly, I even met someone I knew!!




Concerts and Movies in the Park


There is a whole calendar of movies and live concerts that take place all over Portland in different parks all summer.  There's always some food or you bring your own picnic.  Sit on a blanket, enjoy summer!




Portland and nearby areas have more parks and multi-use areas than almost any other metropolitan area in the country!


I used to bicycle from my house in Portland to Camas Wa, and then bike around the lake and then home (45 miles).  But, I had never stopped across the road from LaCamas Lake to explore Round Lake. There are lots of trails and beautiful (if hilly) walks.





Just a few highlights from a relaxed and fun month.  The Pacific Northwest is incomparably beautiful in the summer!!  Even so, my thoughts are starting to turn to travel planning for when I hit the road after Labor Day . . . . 

1 comment:

We Love Comments!!