A Breezy Day in the Desert!

2 Feb, 2019; Dome Rock BLM, Quartzite AZ

The day is getting progressively more windy!


The day started out OK – I was able to sit outside with Phoebe in the sun, which she really likes. But, it’s gotten a lot breezier – my app says it’s between 15-17 mph.  Enough that I put away the awning and took down some of my outdoor twirly things.

A local craft show at the Quartzite Improvement Center


One of my camping neighbors, Linda, had mentioned she was going to take in the craft show – she has friends from New Zealand, who make really pretty jewelry pieces using a very iridescent abalone found in New Zealand. Of course, we found many other things that caught our eyes as well. I ended up with a copper cloak pin for my Pendleton shawl, some earrings made from fishing lures, a hand-beaded hummingbird to hang in the trailer, and a French fruit knife (I’ve been looking for one forever – I love the long thin blade for cutting fruit).






I finally updated my travel map!


I was only about 3 years behind!!  I wanted to be able to break out each year of travel with a different color pin and preferably filter the display.  So, last night, I finally buckled down and did the research, all the data entry and now I have a reasonable map of my travels in my current trailer. Luckily, I keep really good records of where I go and stay – so, it was pretty easy to do the data entry – just a bit tedious.

Where I've camped: Travel Page

Google maps makes the filtering part really easy – there is a little icon on the top left corner of the map that, when selected, let’s one filter on different ‘map layers’ – I set up each year in a different color and on a different layer. I’ve seen maps that used different icons (I just used a pin) – but, it would be cool to use little trailers instead of pins!


I may do special stand-alone maps in the future when I want to high-light a particular trip (like to Alaska, or if I go across Canada into the Maritimes and then down the east coast).

2 comments:

  1. The Wind has really increased since this morning.
    Glad you mentioned t because we didn't remember there was there was a craft show going on so we'll have to make a point of going next weekend.
    A chore that I need to accomplish as well. Haven't touched our map in ages.
    Be Safe and Enjoy the Rally.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Done Rock is really filling up! Last year there were over 180 rigs that registered!

      Delete

We Love Comments!!