Quartzite Quilt Show

9 Feb, 2019; Quartzite AZ


After all the products at the Big Tent RV Show . . . .


A craft show and quilt show featuring all handmade items is a welcome change.  I didn't get pictures of the craft show.  I did get to meet a couple in their 90's who make really pretty shell and mineral jewelry.  They mine the gold nuggets and minerals around Quartzite!  I hope I'm half as active when/if I get to my 90's.


The Quilt show was a lot of fun


I love all the colors and patterns at a quilt show.  From traditional to the fabric art quilts, this show, while small, still had it all.




This freestyle quilt is made of little tiny squares (like 1/2 inch) - just amazing!




 Here's a detail from that quilt!




These quilts are like fabric collage paintings - I liked them the best!






This big moose is pretty interesting!




The next several were just outstanding because of the rich dark colors!







The artist in me just loves color!  Whether it's fabric, paint, or a sunset, saturated color just gets me every time!

1 comment:

  1. We didn't know about the Quilt Show or we'd have gone. Those Quilts were amazing. Definitely worth the visit.
    Be Safe and Enjoy staying warm. The temps are about to improve.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete

We Love Comments!!