Vintage 1957 Westphalia Trailer!!

29 Apr, 2018; Boulder Beach Campground, Lake Mead NRA, Boulder City NV


Sorry as I was to say goodbye to all those noisy Harley's . . . .


And, despite the weather warnings for high winds, I left Kingman, AZ this morning for one of my favorite campgrounds.  Boulder Beach CG is just about 4 miles from Boulder City, NV and just a few miles from Hoover Dam.  The campground sits on the west shore of Lake Mead; so I get a great sunset view as the setting sun lights up the Mountains to the east over the lake and sets over some hills to the west.  There are big trees, lots of shade, level sites and access to the lake.

I only felt the winds a little bit while driving - the winds didn't pick up until later in the afternoon after I was already set up.  I was stretching my legs and walking around the campground when I came upon this gem.


A vintage 1957, completely original, Westphalia Trailer!!





Randy and Alisha (sp?) were pulling out, but were kind enough to show me their trailer and share some details.  The trailer was imported from Europe awhile back and Randy and Alisha became it's proud owners a couple of years ago.  Despite it's age, all components and interior are original!


Here's the brief tour with, unfortunately, only pics from my cell phone.




The furnace is built into the door!  Now that's a space saving idea!  And apparently, there is a mirror - I didn't notice that when I took the pic.




Inside and immediately to the right is a small bathroom with a funky old-fashioned toilet.




You can see the 2-person dinette on the right and a double bed in the back. On the left is a large wardrobe/storage area - with lovely glass insets in the front double doors.





In the front, next to the bathroom is a generous kitchen.  The counter top is hinged at the back and when closed, the top is that same lovely wood paneling seen throughout the trailer.




I saved the most spectacular thing for last.  Built into a shelf along the dinette is a cocktail set.  Yes, those German campers knew what they were doing.  I was very impressed that even after 60 years, it was completely intact.




Very glad I decide to take my walk when I did today.  A few minutes later and I would have missed meeting Randy and Alisha and getting to tour this incredible trailer!!  They were so nice to put off their departure a few minutes and let me barge into their trailer with my camera!

1 comment:

  1. Definitely a great looking trailer built with quality you seldom see today.
    Living the RV Lifestyle allows you to see things you normally would not.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete

We Love Comments!!