Our pets touch our hearts every day . . . and for long after they are gone

29 Jan, 2019; Roadrunner BLM, Quartzite AZ


Phoebe wanted to sleep in this morning


Some mornings she can't even wait until I've made a cup of coffee, much less had time to drink it; on those days, she bouncing off my chest, licking my face, leaping about the trailer - let's go, let's go, let's GO!  But, this morning, she can't be bothered; she's warm, sleepy and happy in all her blankets.




I'm camping with a couple of friends from Portland; Rebecca came a couple of days ago, Marty just got here today.  It's been nice chatting with folks who share at least a place, a small network of people, some common experiences.


Phoebe is a foodie


Despite having been given WAY more treats than I would ever give her in a day, Phoebe is still fixated on the remains of our lunch - to be fair, there was both chicken and cheese on the table.  She entertained us for quite some time - I was very impressed that she can balance so long - perhaps, she could have a side gig as a circus dog.


Phoebe, doing her Meerkat impersonation.

Zeek was a good dog


Near where I am camped, at the base of a big saguaro, is a small pet memorial.   I see them now and again out here in the desert.  This one is for Zeek, who was a very good dog.  The other day, a woman walked by, stood for awhile, then placed a small toy dog on the memorial.  She smiled and told me that she was just bringing him a new toy.

Good boy, Zeek; enjoy.



1 comment:

  1. We still have fond memories of all our pets.
    Be Safe and Enjoy Phoebe's character.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete

We Love Comments!!