Snow-pocalypse in Tucson!

22 Feb, 2019; Pima County Fairgrounds RV Park, Tucson AZ


First it rained, then it snowed


I do like going to sleep with the sound of rain pattering on the roof of the trailer.  It started raining in late afternoon and rained until about 4am.  I thought, great, when I get up, the puddles will have had time to disappear.  Imagine my surprise when I got up several hours later to find it snowing!  There were already a couple inches covering the ground.


I put the rock guard down - the snow was really heavy!


Understandably, she was hesitant at first to dive into 3" of snow and freezing slush!

Phoebe in her full winter coat - what a trooper to walk through all this freezing stuff with no shoes


There's something disturbing about snow on palm trees






Eventually, I had to dig out the car and run some errands.  Funny thing, I don't have a snow scraper anymore or waterproof gloves - ended up using a squeegee and freezing my hands!




When the weather permits, Phoebe comes with me to run chores, and her reward for hanging out in the car is a trip to the local dog park.  This one is a very nice one - good sized gravel and landscaped areas for small and large dogs.  Today, I arrive to find a group of regulars.  Boy, do they come prepared!!  They not only had extra blankets, but came with thermos' of tea, cookies and fudge!




The sun peaking through clouds over snow covered mountains - pretty!




Unfortunately, as I drove closer to the park, I saw the next wave of trouble moving in fast.  It started to hail just as I pulled up to the trailer.




Well, snow-pocalypse 2019 was an interesting experience!  Being from Canada and Oregon, snow used to be a normal part of winter - but, down here in Arizona, it's quite novel.


1 comment:

  1. You weren't the only one surprised by all that Snow.
    Wise to keep even Cotton Gloves handy for little chores or keeping your hands warm.
    If Phoebe's feet get too cold they do have Booties made for different sized dogs and they are not just for cold weather. We saw a large Dog in the Q that needed them for walking on all that stone.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete

We Love Comments!!