A Month in the High Desert - Bend OR

July, 2024

Bend, Oregon 


Bend isn't the sleepy little skiing town I used to visit years ago!


Bend is now a very trendy, touristy, fun place to visit.  But, it's very much an urban experience.  Gone are the days when one could raft into town almost alone and take out at the park undisturbed.  Now, thousands of people are tubing down the river daily, and playing in the man-made waterpark (underwater construction to cause standing waves for surfers and white water kayakers).  Multi-use walkways line both sides of the river, and the Old Mill District has been transformed into shops, restaurants, and galleries.  It's a fun place to visit - but I'm glad I don't live there.

I did love how walking and bike friendly Bend is.  I felt very safe and only drove my car a couple of times all month.  My eBike got a lot of use - even for grocery shopping.



The towers from the Old Mill (now an REI Store) provide a good landmark


Tubes to rent 






Bend Waterpark


So, travel sketching was more people filled than usual!!




Fence constructed with old skiis - So Bend













No comments:

Post a Comment

We Love Comments!!