Old Portable Solar Panel really boosts the power!

15 Dec, 2017; Imperial Dam LTVA, Winterhaven CA


The ability to angle the panel into the sun really, really helps!


My rooftop panel is 150w – but mounted flat.  My old portable panel is only 85w but I’ve made adjustable legs for it so that I can angle it into the sun and move it around to face the sun all day.  Yesterday – before plugging in the portable my solar input was 1.9.  After plugging in the portable, I was reading 3.8 – DOUBLE the rate with a panel almost HALF the size.  I was pretty impressed.




The Zamp Solar Port I had Escape add when I was in BC this year.  


Only a couple hummingbird visits all week


I really enjoy watching the hummingbirds fight over the feeder and zoom around my campsite.  Unfortunately, I’ve only had 2 brief sitings of a hummingbird at the feeder.  I think it’s just been too windy here lately.

Kind of glad I didn’t  bring my inflatable kayak this year


The water in the dam is very low!  People pay good money to camp on the shoreline by the reservoir – they aren’t getting their money’s worth this year!


Usually, those rigs would be right on the shoreline!


Wouldn’t be a good day without the sunset



I’m liking the sunrises too – but usually enjoying them from inside the trailer with a mug of tea.  They haven’t been as spectacular – so no sunrise photos from here.




A reminder that sunsets are 360 degrees - this is a NE view.

3 comments:

  1. Good info! We are still depending on our 80 watt suitcase panel. Normally no problem in the southwest. Did not quite do the job in the Smokey Mountains.
    Hope to see you out in the desert. We should be hitting the road in another couple of weeks. ( Still enjoying your former petite propane tank.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm heading up to Q next week. Glad to hear that the little tank is earning it's keep!

      Delete

We Love Comments!!