Painted Rock Petroglyph Site

30 Nov, 2017; Painted Rock Petroglyph Site, Gila Bend, AZ

Just as nice the second time around


I was here with friends in February and since it was on my way west, I decided to stop again.  If you want to know more about that visit, check out my post.  The campgound is a BLM site with a host.  There are 2 large loops with very spacious sites (no hookups, but nice fire pits and picnic tables).  $8/night; $4 with the old geezer pass. The camp hosts maintain a free exchange book bin, kept near the visitor display/picnic area.

Sometimes exploring is a bust


My map shows 2 areas I want to explore - Oatman Massacre Site and the Painted Rock Dam.  Well, the dam road is chained off with no trespassing signs and the road that I think leads to the Oatman site is marked as private property.  Dang!

I do see this funny sign:


I can relate to this!


And, I always love seeing old rusty stuff and ruins of old buildings.





No comments:

Post a Comment

We Love Comments!!