The Monsoons are coming

16 July, 2019;  Vail, AZ


First, the dew point goes up


Traditionally, we need 3 days with the dew point over 50 to officially start the monsoon season.  
The day might start out sunny and clear, but then the clouds start forming up.




Then thunder and lightening; possibly rain


For several days, I had been hearing the afternoon thunder and lightening, rain all around me with maybe only a sprinkle at my house.  Then, I finally get a good little downpour.  I was so excited to see where the water would go around my new house.  So, like a good Oregonian, I was running around outside in the rain taking pictures.


The rain flows from one of my roof scuppers - I may try capturing some run-off for gardening water

  
Across the driveway




A plugged up drain - I'll deal with that soon!

And, before long, the rain passes leaving only a pretty sunset


The sunsets are always spectacular when there are clouds.  




1 comment:

  1. Suppose to be in high 80’s - low 90’s this weekend in Portland

    ReplyDelete

We Love Comments!!