I see painting in my future

11 July, 2019; Vail, AZ


Little girls used to live in my house!


Two of the bedrooms clearly catered to a younger aesthetic. 








A check of the carpets with a blacklight showed that the previous family also probably had some not-so-very-well house-trained dogs.  So, the carpets in all the bedrooms will be replaced by tile (also because of my own not-so-very-well house-trained dog!).

So, one of my first projects was to remove all the baseboards from the bedrooms.  
And, of course, that uncovered more termite damage, which had to be addressed.  The termite guys will probably have to come back after the carpets come up - I'm discovering that termites are just part of home ownership down here.


Baseboards ready for re-furbishing; except for the termite riddled ones!


Prep work for painting always takes the most time!  Now, that I've got most of it done, I can start priming.  And, pretty soon, I'll need to figure out the new colors - fun, but fraught.


Yay - lavender going away!

Phoebe supervising and, thankfully, not tracking paint around.

Reward at the end of the day









2 comments:

  1. Hey! Congratulations!
    I kind of like the pink and lavender...they match your sunset photos.
    I have not been blogging but I have been thinking about blogging...guess that is progress.
    Very happy for you...It all looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. While I still intend to travel, probably not as much - so, I wonder what will happen with this blog. I started out posting sketches - it may go back to that.
      I like it when you blog - I get to find out what y'all are up to!

      Delete

We Love Comments!!