The Online Art community is world-wide

5 July, 2020; Vail,AZ


While this is not exactly an Aha! moment . . . .


The Web isn't called the World Wide Web for nothing; but, now that I'm taking a lot of online art classes, the fact that I'm interacting on a daily basis with other artists, and aspiring artists, across the globe is really brought home to me.  I'm currently taking a class from an instructor in Sydney, Australia and the other students come from everywhere!

A few weeks ago, I was learning more about local community reactions to recent black deaths by police in the US not from my local TV news outlets, but from comments made by Americans on posts created by British citizens living in Germany!


Warm-up Exercises for a Watercolor on Location class


Doing an urban sketching class online when most of the country (much of the world) is being asked to stay at home should be interesting!

The warm up exercises have been focussed on the way one begins to watercolor sketch; doing a few thumbnails to establish composition, values, etc.  Mostly, these have been done from still life set ups inside, or photo references.  I threw in some faces (from photo references) because I'm used to simplifying shadow shapes on faces.








I've done a few watercolor sketches from photos I took on vacations in the past.  This one was from a trip to Venice.



4 comments:

  1. That is so cool! I just started a water color class when all of this business began. Sadly, we had to close it down. I haven't even finished one painting. Your artwork is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm really enjoying the online classes - it's motivating me to develop a more regular practice.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a great resource that you are providing and you give it away for free. I love seeing blog that understand the value of providing a quality resource for free. general

    ReplyDelete

We Love Comments!!