City Mouse; Country Mouse

23 Aug, 2016
Rye, Colorado

City Mouse . . . 

I just spent a week outside Denver, Colorado visiting friends and relatives.  The close-by state parks were all full, so I stayed in the Dakota Ridge RV Park in Golden, Co.  This was convenient and I had hook-ups so that my air-conditioning could combat the high temps.  The RV park was very tight - easy to hear conversations on either side of me.  But there was a picnic table, full hookups, a pool, a hot tub, laundry, book exchange, curb-side trash pickup every morning, propane fill, etc - a very nice full-service park.  There was even a dog walking path out around part of the park and up onto a rock outcropping that gave a birds eye view of the valley and the mountains.




My tiny trailer is down there somewhere!

After a week of visiting and accomplishing city chores like shopping, I was ready for the mountains!  

Country (mountain) mouse . . . 

I have reservations for a week in the San Isabel National Forest in Southern Colorado.  My friend, Julie, has been camp-hosting at St. Charles Lake Campground where it is about 20 degrees cooler than in the valley.  

Even in Denver, I have been enjoying the late afternoon thunderstorms so common to late summer in Colorado.  Refreshing and enjoyable now that I don't have two terrified greyhounds to deal with - Faye Wray isn't bothered by all the thunder and lightening and I love it.



I hadn't expected all the aspen - I wonder if I'll still be here when the leaves begin to turn!


No comments:

Post a Comment

We Love Comments!!