Tucson, AZ; Starts out quietly

14 Nov, 2017; Pima County Fairgrounds, Tucson AZ

Snowbird season has arrived in the Southwest


Usually, I'm in Tucson a little earlier in the year - but this year I arrive after all the RV Park discounts are over.  In addition, the park I usually stay in has closed their pool for the year.  So, I decide to stay at Pima County Fairgrounds.  The price is right ($125/wk for full hookups) and I remember from the last time I stayed her that the fairgrounds host a lot of fun activities.

I arrive mid-week - the place is almost empty


I remember when I stayed here for the national Escapee RV club convention in March 2015 and the park was packed with over 900 rigs!!  Today, I have my choice of spots and a unrestricted view of the sunsets.


Mar 2015 - full rows of packed in rigs by their hookups 

The same view today!


I wander over nearer to the fairground buildings and find a well known vendor - ready for the activity to come.  They sell all sorts of personalized tags, pins, license plate holders, etc.  Despite the sleepy day, I sense anticipation for the weekend - I know the fairgrounds will be filling up for an AKC dog show, a dressage show, and a poultry show (that will be fun!)




And the sunset does not disappoint!











2 comments:

  1. What's going on in Tucson that we're missing?
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One thing I miss full-timing is my pets and horses (well, I haven't owned horses for years - but I could visit my friend's horses). Since, I enjoy events where I can see lots of cute dogs and horses!

      Delete

We Love Comments!!