A walk in Red Rock country always makes me happy!!

18 Apr, 2018; Flagstaff AZ


Sedona, AZ is surrounded by my favorite deep rust red rock cliffs.


Julie finds us a trailhead just south of Sedona with a big multi-use trail system wandering through red-rock country.  The 3,000' elevation drop has also made it quite a bit warmer than our campsite (leaving the fleece shirt and vest in the truck; wishing I'd worn shorts!).




These shots really don't do justice to the colors.  I really enjoyed the walk; lots of folks were out (we got the last parking space at the trailhead) - lots of mountain bikers and walkers with dogs.  Since this wasn't a NP, dogs were allowed on the trails as long as they were leashed.








A small chapel built into the wall - gives a sense of scale.






I wish I'd gotten a better pic of Julie and Scruffy.  Scruffy is a great hiker dog - but at just a bit over 7 pounds with maybe 8" legs, he does require a 'dog carry' occasionally; especially when it gets hot.



No comments:

Post a Comment

We Love Comments!!