My new neighbor - a nesting Costa Hummingbird

15 April, 2020; Vail AZ


Apparently, this is a popular nesting spot


When I bought the house last spring, there was a hummingbird nest in the same patio decoration.  I'm glad the previous owners left the nest undisturbed; I enjoyed watching the hummers last year and am having fun watching this year's bird make a nest and settle in with this year's egg(s).



Busy Building





Sitting on her nest

 I've been enjoying the spring


The mornings are warm enough for tea on the patio; Lots of birds coming back, the 2 Spiny Lizards that hung out on my back fence last summer are back; and, I saw a Gila Monster in a neighbors yard a couple of days ago while walking Phoebe.  She's enjoying the sunshine outside as well!



Phoebe, on a recent walk


3 comments:

  1. Sorry about that .. I love the hummers. Hope to have babies in about one week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As many hummers as I've seen (and fed) over the years, I've never seen a nest. How cool is that? :-)

    ReplyDelete

We Love Comments!!