Solar Generator is working!

12 June, 2020; Vail AZ


My solar issue has been resolved!


And, of course, it was my fault.  I wired a connection incorrectly.  My only solace is that several people including the technicians at the factory looked at detail photos and video and still took awhile to twig what was wrong.  


Inergy Apex solar generator happily charging from my solar panels
I'm really looking forward to seeing how the Apex performs with the electronic needs in my van.  I think my power consumption in this Van should be pretty minimal and I'm really impressed with the number of output options!  Worst case, I might need to daisy chain in another battery to increase the total available amp-hours. This battery has 90 amp hour capacity, but, since it's lithium, I'll have access to almost all that power.


On the home front, my hummingbird is back!


While I've seen the mama and her 2 chicks visiting my feeders, the nest has been abandoned.  But, a few days ago, as I was having lunch, I happened to look up and find the mama back on the nest!  She's been there pretty consistently the last couple of days so I think she's planning on more chicks this season.  Again, the Gila Woodpeckers have been showing some interest and she's aggressively chasing them away.


Sketching


Being busy with the Van, I haven't been doing a lot of sketching lately.  I've been doing a bit more landscape sketches (using reference photos from my trip to Venice several years ago) in anticipation of being able to get out of 'lockdown' and spend some time exploring Tucson architecture.


A scene from my trip to Venice


Home made ink, twig pen, and brush


I liked the reflections in this guys sunglasses!

3 comments:

  1. Awesome art. You are very talented!! I'm sure I would never be able to figure out anything solar-hookup wise. Congrats on getting it going. Maybe next year I'll see some hummer nests.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - I love sketching and watercolor, all kinds of graphic art really.
      Solar is generally really easy. This is the second system I've put together. I think it's harder in big rigs where so much of the wiring is hidden and the whole system can be overdesigned.

      Delete
  2. This blog is really great. The information here will surely be of some help to me. Thanks!. ecoflow 1800

    ReplyDelete

We Love Comments!!