WOO HOO! Gifted some great Cacti cuttings

 Vail, AZ


06 Feb, 2023


I've wanted some of these for many years!


While staying in Apache Junction several years ago, I had seen these cacti in bloom.  They are some kind of 'Queen of the Night' and have the biggest, most beautiful blooms that only come out after dark.  I can remember watching the cacti bud out and then going out with neighbors with flashlights on the night we expected them to bloom.







You can see a post of when I first saw these beauties here



Recently, I was back in Apache Junction and was gifted some cuttings!


Needless to say, I am thrilled!!  I know it will be years before I can hope to see any blooms, but so is the nature of gardening in the desert - I can dream and future generations may get to enjoy.




No comments:

Post a Comment

We Love Comments!!