Cats, Cats, and more Cats

July, 2019; Vail, AZ

Fostering cats and kittens for Pima Animal Care Center


I decided after my cat, Faye Wray, died, that I would travel with a dog and not have cats for awhile.  This makes for less stressful traveling, but I do miss having cat energy in my life.  So, now that I have a home base, it was time to start fostering cats and kittens - all the fun without a permanent responsibility. 

The first cat I fostered was in need of a quiet place to recover from a wicked virus. Cleo was a dear, but frankly, a hot mess - skinny, diarrhea, a bony protuberance on her breastbone.  I had her for 3 weeks before I had to travel up to Oregon to empty my storage unit. After her, I was doubly glad that I was replacing all the carpet with tile!



But, perhaps her cat energy drew these guys to my back yard


Phoebe was barking at the base of one of the mesquite trees in my back yard and when I looked more closely, I saw TWO BOBCAT KITTENS!!  I was so torn between grabbing Phoebe and grabbing my camera.  I managed to do both before they scampered on their way.











I had to keep reminding myself that they were wild animals and that I shouldn't get too close - I just wanted to scoop them up; they were adorable!


So, of course, I had to foster some kittens.


I picked up an orphaned litter of 5 kittens about 4 week old from PACC.  They were eating mashed up food and going potty pretty much on their own (thank goodness!).  I had them about 5 weeks while they grew up and got cuter and cuter and finally were ready to go their forever homes.


Raj


Panda


Samantha

  

Scooter



Grayson

Mom, he's picking on me!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness ... don't you just LOVE seeing those babies? Good for you for fostering. If I wasn't moving around so much, I would definitely do the same!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I love fostering - by the time they're old enough to cause trouble, it's time to find them homes.

      Delete

We Love Comments!!