Dang! The hummingbird feeders are empty again!!

23 Mar, 2020; Vail, AZ


I've been surprised at how quickly the 2 BIG feeders are emptying . . . 


But, then this morning I looked out the window and saw a Gila Woodpecker hanging upside down from one of the feeders.  His body weight had tilted the feeder just enough to let some of the syrup out into his greedy little beak!!  Clever little fellow!  

Lots of birdsong when I got up for sunrise this morning - although I can only recognize a few of the more common ones.  Saw several goldfinches on my morning walk.  The neighborhood is very peaceful at that hour.  The staying-at-home kids start playing outside later.


Sunrise!!


Goldfinch


Another beautiful day in the desert..



4 comments:

  1. Birds and Animals are very talented and can solve lots of problems.
    Be Safe and Enjoy the social distancing.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Social distancing is a whole lot like my normal life, so it hasn't been too hard. Just getting impatient about completing some projects. . . .

      Delete
  2. I have more trouble with bats eating at the hummingbird feeder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow - hadn't considered bats! I'll have to start checking; that would be kind of interesting.

      Delete

We Love Comments!!