"You live in Hell!!"

August, 2019; Vail, AZ


A quick trip to Oregon to empty my storage unit


My friend Claudia agreed to travel back to Arizona with me so I didn't have to face the drive alone.  She kept me awake and well entertained as we spent 3.5 days in a U-Haul - long, hot days on I-5 south through California and then over to Tucson.  Some days were well over 100F ("You live in Hell" she kept telling me!).  But, the AC in the U-Haul worked well and soon we were unpacking into my now, not so empty, house.


Storage unit was packed to the roof - about 1/2 empty now


Sunseets were gorgeous - but, WOW, was it hot!!


How hot, you ask?  Really, really hot!!


My stuff looks small in my huge garage!


Another lovely sunset - from home

Once the weather turns cool in the PNW, I get lots of visitors!


I may "live in Hell" in the summer, but once the weather turns gray and rainy in Oregon, I start getting a lot of visitors.  By the end of winter, I've hosted 9 friends for a total of about 7 weeks!  I love having friends come to visit.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you are finally getting settled into your home.
    Be Safe and Enjoy the scenery that surrounds you.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm loving living here - it's a bit like boondocking in the desert - lots of space, cactus and wildlife. My border friends see more birds at my house than we do out birding!
      I am getting itchy feet - but I guess traveling is not recommended for a awhile.

      Delete

We Love Comments!!