North Ranch Escapee RV Park - Smart Weigh!

13 Feb, 2018; North Ranch RV Park, Congress AZ


Time to weigh in!


One year ago, I had my SUV and trailer weighed to make sure that I wasn't over-weight or unbalanced.  The Escapees RV Club Smart Weigh ($55) does a really comprehensive job.  First, they record the weight on each tire of your tow vehicle without the trailer.  Then, you go hook up and they re-weigh each tire on the tow vehicle and each tire on the trailer.  They compare this to the load-bearing weight for your tires, the overall weight for tow vehicle, trailer and combined weight allowances.  

They even measure the height of your trailer too - great info when you're going under trees or low bridges.

Anyway, last year, even though I was overall under-weight - I was not balanced!  Too much weight on the back end of the SUV was not safe.  So, I added weight distribution bars and was anxious to see how my numbers looked this year.

Success!!  The numbers came out near perfect!!  very balanced all the way around and well beneath max wgt for SUV and trailer.

I don't have any pictures of the process - because, of course, my weight counts too and I was in the car.  But, North Ranch is a great place and they have a lovely, if confusing cactus garden.


Cactus cup dispensers?


or sun screening for sensitive plants

"You can't see me; I'm hidden"

2 comments:

  1. Glad you also enjoy North Ranch. I'm certain they are much colder then we are at the moment.
    It's a good thing to be balanced. It helps keep your vehicles under control when going down the road.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is definitely chilly!! And I can't even complain to my friends back home because they are shoveling snow.

      Delete

We Love Comments!!