Back in Casa Grande!

8 Dec, 2018; RoVer's Roost SKP Co-op Park, Casa Grande, AZ


Back with friends at Rover's Roost


Some friends bought a lot here last year and I visited them this spring for a couple of months.  This is a small but very friendly park.  I had a great time then and I'm sure I'm going to have a great December here.  








If I survive the black flies . . . 

The park is about 5 miles out of town, next to a big farm.  This year there has apparently been an explosion of black flies!  They are everywhere!! Everyone has fly traps, but that seems hardly to make a dent - I'm hoping the cooler weather will send them buzzing somewhere else.  Oh, and the farm exudes a fertilizer smell - I had forgotten that.


Yes, that black layer is dead flies, and this is just one of dozens of traps!

We've had rain . . . 


So, the fertilizer smell has been replaced by the great desert smell of creosote - it's great!  I love being out where I can smell the desert, hear the coyotes, and experience the ink black of desert nights.



No comments:

Post a Comment

We Love Comments!!