Camping with friends at Apache Lake

 Apache Lake, AZ

20 Oct, 2022


Camping with friends is the best


A fall trip to Apache Lake is becoming a tradition.  4 days of paddling, lazing about, and visiting with friends!  One year it was way too hot, sometimes the bugs are horrendous (this year was mostly just annoying), but it's always fun to hang out around a campfire with friends.  Last year I almost burned up my camp stove (leaky propane connection - no such issues this year.   


The road into the lake is not for the timid!  It is a very winding, single lane of very poorly maintained dirt running right along a cliff down to the river.  I dread it every year - but every year I see a few large motorhomes and trailers that manage the road - so I guess I'm just overly cautious.



Phoebe has decided she can trust other people's laps too.




Nothing like a real campfire!








No comments:

Post a Comment

We Love Comments!!