Finally landscaping around the house!

 Vail, AZ

30 Sept, 2022


Finally chose plants and got them planted!


I had the old landscaping ripped out a couple of years ago - mostly river rock that I hate and a lot of native but dying yucca and prickly pear.  It took me a long time to visualize what I wanted to plant - while also being cautious not to plant too much at one time - I'll have to keep the new plants watered until they are fully established.  I'm loving seeing some new plants in the front yard, while realizing that I'll be long dead before they mature.  My gift to the future.


Golden Torch - imagining them a lot taller in the future, with more shrub like plants sround them.



I've grown these from single pads found in someone's trash pile - time to put them into the landscape!



3 Texas Ranger and 3 Emu Bushes planted along the side yard - very cute but currently tiny!



 

In the nursery this Ocotillo looked like a dead stick.  Again, very tiny - but I have visions of it soaring into the sky - someday.




A splurge - a 5' Saguaro which will someday be the centerpiece of the front yard.


Another splurge - a beautiful variegated agave.  Hopefully, protected against the javalina.


I've been replanting Agave Pups; I have a ton of them - probably another 4-6 will be moved next spring.


I love the sunsets in the Southwest!!














No comments:

Post a Comment

We Love Comments!!