Thanksgiving in Organ Pipe Cactus National Monument

Organ Pipe Cactus National Monument 

25 Nov, 2022


Thanksgiving with friends at Organ Pipe


This trip has become somewhat of a tradition.  Not too far from Tucson, it's a nice drive and a lovely place to hike.  We've become quite versatile camp cooks and our mostly vegan thanksgiving dinner couldn't be tastier.  Last year I started bringing sourdough starter so I could make sourdough pancakes for breakfast on the Friday after Thanksgiving.  












 



This year was extra special


My friend Julie (met many years ago when I first started to snowbird in the Southwest), joined us for the week.  Julie and I traveled together off and on about 6-7 years ago.  She has been living on Whidbey Island in Washington for the last few years and we haven't spent much time together.  Phoebe and Julie's dog, Scruffy, had fun getting reacquainted - in their 'you do you,I'll do me' sort of way.





Scruffy stayed with me for a week while Julie flew off on some other adventures.







Phoebe eats much better when she has a little competition for her dinner - Scruffy made it clear that he'd eat it if she didn't!  Phoebe gained a whole pound during Scruffy's visit 😆




No comments:

Post a Comment

We Love Comments!!