Camping on the surface of the sun

 Pleasant Lake Regional Park, AZ

2 May, 2023


This trip was WAY hotter than expected

Daytime temps for most of the trip reached the high 90's (36C) which would have been unbearable without the breeze.  My campsite had a beautiful view of the canyon - as well as occasional views of the resident Burros (often heard braying).  The lake is one of biggest in Arizona it was very pretty with a couple of small islands.  I would have liked to get out and paddle - but it was too hot to leave Phoebe in the trailer.











Learning how to camp in Frijole


Each camping vehicle brings new challenges in camp set-up.  My moonshade easily attached to the van with the super-strong magnets - but Frijole is fiberglass and doesn't have a level surface anywhere!

But, the moonshade is nothing if not versatile.  Some gearloops and the suction cup attachments worked well enough (I'll probably get the larger suction cups to offset the SW wind).  I think I need to add a pool noodle the top pole to ensure it doesn't rub on the fiberglass roof.  Over-all, once I got it staked down really well, it handled some pretty breezy conditions.  





My cute little campsite


Luckily, the nights cooled down very nicely.  However, I think I'll have to consider leaving Phoebe behind when I want to do any paddling.  Without AC, leaving pets in the trailer while camping in Arizona is only reasonably safe in the winter.

1 comment:

  1. That is a beautiful spot you are parked at and I love the views you have. Having a pet with you at the trailer limits you sometimes at participating in activities, but that‘s what we do, because we love them, right? Have a nice stay!

    ReplyDelete

We Love Comments!!