A flock of Hawks!

24 Nov, 2018; SMR Apache Junction, AZ


Coming back to my trailer after Thanksgiving: THREE Harris Hawks!


The neighbor across the fence has chickens; my next door neighbor in the park feeds finches, cactus wrens, doves, pigeons, and quail.  So, I guess it's not surprising that we have hawks.  This is the second time I've seen hawks (last time there were two) - but this time there were three hawks very close to my trailer.  They didn't even fly when I got my camera and set it up.





House Finch






Cactus Wren



















4 comments:

  1. You captured some good bird pictures. Usually the hawks are skittish, so you got lucky!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These Hawks are mesmerized by all the prey around! I think they're Urban Hawks.

      Delete
  2. They are concentrating on supper. What stately creatures they are, beautiful but deadly if you are a mouse or rabbit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know if Harris Hawks are big enough to take them, but the neighbors have lost 5 chickens in the last few weeks (most likely coyotes)

      Delete

We Love Comments!!